Thursday 24 April 2014

Yummy Felafels

I love flavourful foods. I love complex tastes making love to my taste buds. These felafels do that for me. combined with an awesome tzatziki sauce and yammo, you have yourself one yummy dinner.

Ingredients 
1 can chickpeas
1 small onion
3 slices of bread (if using homemade bread you'll have to experiment with it a little)
4-6 cloves of garlic (I have been using 1/2 tsp of garlic powder lately)
2 tsp cumin
2 tbsp dried parsley (you can use fresh, just adjust the amount)

In a food processor puree chickpeas, onion, bread and garlic. I usually do one ingredient at a time and then put it in a bowl. You don't need it to be completely smooth like peanut butter but you definitely want it to be fine.

Mix the processed ingredients and the remaining ingredients in a bowl.


Make mixture into 1" balls

Put in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes.

The felafels will be crispy on the outside and still soft in the middle. And did I mention oh so yummy!

I used to serve them in pitas with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber. The kids had a hard time with it as their pita's would rip or the filling would fall out. Now I serve it over couscous that has been flavoured with garlic powder and cumin. Even my husband likes that better, and I do to. You can even eat them by themselves just as a snack. Healthy and a flavourful punch. That is a winning combination.


No comments:

Post a Comment