Thursday 10 April 2014

Spring is finally here!

The Snow has melted. The grass is coming back to life. The shoots are showing! It is definitely spring. This morning while my little one was napping I was able to get some yard work done. I picked up sticks that fell during the winter and got rid of some leaves that fell after the snow came. It was super windy so I didn't get as much accomplished as I wanted, using a rake was pointless. But it felt great to be out in the sunshine and the warmth, despite the crazy wind. I am looking forward to getting the front and back ready for enjoyment and beautiful bulbs.

That's one thing about my house's previous owners. They did crazy things inside (we are constantly scratching our heads about something, a barn door in the basement? Really?) but on the outside they got it right. Last spring the coolest looking tulips came up and daffodils and poppies. Beautiful is the only way to describe it. Now it is up to me to make sure it stays looking good and not getting over grown. (Some of the things they planted was a bit too much of a good thing, but we're getting there.

Enjoy your spring day. Here are some pictures of what I found while out working in the yard. It definitely fills me with confidence that spring is actually in Waterloo!


Remember my winter picture from December? What a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment